|Product Code||Storage Temperature||Product Size|
NEBNext® rRNA Depletion Kit (Bacteria)
RM1,545.00 – RM5,460.00
New England Biolabs
Ribosomal RNA (rRNA) is highly abundant in bacterial samples, and its removal is desirable in order to reveal the biological significance of less abundant transcripts. Specific enrichment of bacterial mRNAs is challenging due to their lack of poly(A) tails, and so the converse – efficient and specific removal of bacterial rRNA – is necessary.
The NEBNext® rRNA Depletion Kit (Bacteria) employs the NEBNext RNase H-based RNA depletion workflow to target removal of rRNA from gram-positive and gram-negative organisms. The method is effective with intact and degraded RNA, from monocultures or samples with mixed bacterial species (e.g., metatranscriptomic).
- Efficient, specific depletion of bacterial rRNA (5S, 16S, 23S)
- Compatible with both gram-positive and gram-negative organisms
- Effective with monocultures and mix of bacterial species (e.g., metatranscriptome)
- Compatible with a broad range of input amounts: 10 ng – 1 µg
- Suitable for low-quality or high-quality RNA
- Fast workflow: 2 hours, with less than 10 minutes hands-on time
The kit is also available with RNAClean® beads.